
Fresh out of my "creation" room - My first fused art quilt. I found the little frog in my PC-Crafter's clip art collection. In order to print the image on fabric (unbleached muslin) I had to fuse the fabric to an 8.5 x 11" sheet of freezer paper so it would feed through my Cannon ink jet. I then pealed the freezer paper off the back & ironed some fusable web to the back. I removed the paper backing from that, cut out the image of the frog and ironed it to the background fabric. Using colored pencils, ink pens, jell pens, markers, and paint, I embellished the background a bit so the frog would stand out better. The lettering was added using a stencil I made from printing the words out on freezer paper, cutting the letters out, ironing the paper to the background fabric, and then painting in the stenciled letters. I could have printed the letters out on the background fabric using the same method I used to get the frog image, but I didn't think of that soon enough. Besides, light color inks don't show up on dark fabrics. By ironing more fusable web to the back of the entire image, I was able to fuse it to the felt I used as a background frame. I attached the yarn border with my felting machine. This, indeed, has been a learning project, and I can see the potential for such a process. In order to be able to sell any similar works, I will need to create my own artwork. Not a problem!

No comments:
Post a Comment