The little frog bag was made to contain the laser engraved gift I decided to give Cyrus for his Birthday. The frog design was inspired by a ceramic wall hanging given to me my my dear friend Sharon. The frog's name is George. The wall hanging occupies a prominent location in my upstairs bathroom. He greets me every morning and puts a smile on my face.The other two top pictures are actually very small. They are my first attempts at making "felted" artist trading cards. They are only about the size of a business card. I learned a lot from making these cute little treasures.
The peach purse on the bottom was made for Chynna. She just had her 11th Birthday. We celebrated on Easter at her home with a wonderful dinner. (Her mom is such a wonderful cook). Lisa commented that it looked like a little fairy purse. To help her understand the process of felting, I brought a few tools along and some roving so she could experience it for herself. Even Cyrus gave it a try.
Jeff and Julie's wedding gift (bottom right) was a felted pillow I made for them. It is about 24" square. I started with a base knit fabric I had left over from a shawl I've been making. I crouched chains of a variety of yarns I had in my stash. Next I felted each chain to the knit fabric. I had to felt the spaces between the chains to stabilize the whole thing before attaching the back and inserting the fiber filled pillow. I really like the way it turned out.
The Idaho Falls Fiber Arts Fair is coming up on the 16th. I've been saving my pennies so I can add to my roving stash. I'll be looking for some of my dear friends while there too. Hope I get to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment